Fundraising Made Easy: A Joint Initiative by 50by40 and Apex Advocacy
50by40 and APEX advocacy are organising a four-part fundraising training series for nonprofits working towards developing sustainable food systems in the Global Majority. The training series has been designed keeping in mind the issues that organisations in the Global Majority face with respect to funding.
To empower our partners and allies, we are partnering with APEX Advocacy to host “Fundraising Made Easy” a four-part funding training series aimed at providing information on key topics on funding in the food systems space. The sessions will primarily seek to make the funding space more accessible to organisations in the Global Majority as well as BIPOC communities in other regions. By the end of the training series, participants will:
- Develop a better understanding of fundraising principles and effective strategies for raising funds.
- Learn the best practices for communicating with donors and establishing long term relations with donors.
- Improve pitching and proposal writing skills.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge on issues with respect to global food systems, areas that are getting funded and suitable opportunities.
- Fundraising Essentials – December 8, 2022
In this session we would like the participants to understand the basics of fundraising and the key elements to be included while developing their fundraising strategy.
- Writing Winning Proposals – January 10, 2023
Learn from expert grant writers how to write high quality proposals and tips to increase your chances of receiving funding.
- Donor Communication, Relation, and Retention – February 16, 2023 (Tentative)
In this session, we shall cover the basics of how to communicate effectively and build successful long term donor relationships.
- Funding for Food Systems – March 23, 2023 (Tentative)
Explore case studies of what projects and topics are being funded in the movement, and learn how to integrate your work into larger global topics including climate change and food insecurity
Each of the topics covered in this series will have two sessions to account for time zone differences, and speak separately to concerns of Global North participants and those in our Global Majority community.
The first session for Global North participants is scheduled for Thursday, December 8th, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST and can be registered from the link here:
We recommend you attend the session that aligns most with your schedule and interests, though you are welcome to attend both sessions if you desire.